- Waste Enforcement Forensics and Capacity Building Project.
SCYCLE work falls under the following project areas:
- Waste Management Systems
- Partnership Initiatives
- Training & Education
- EWAS = E-Waste Academy – Scientists Edition.
- EWAM = E-Waste Academy – Managers Edition.
- BBC = Business Boot Camp
Global E-waste Statistics Partnership (GESP)
- Improving and collecting worldwide e-waste statistics – Read more
Developing a voluntary certification scheme for waste treatment (CEWASTE)
The CEWASTE project was kick-started on December 5, 2018 in Brussels. Read more…
Update and Maintenance of WEEE-Tools
The United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) – the Sustainable Cycles Programme (SCYCLE),
First Dutch Battery Flows Monitor
The objective of this project is to provide well-evidenced quantitative information on portable battery
Official start of the STrIKE project!
Stronger Training and Increased Knowledge for Better Enforcement (STrIKE) – Waste & Mercury
PolyCE – Enabling recycling of plastics from electronic waste.
PolyCE is a European Commission Horizon 2020 project enabling the recycling of plastics from electronic waste for a more sustainable future.
Launch of project to optimise raw material reuse and recovery in electronic products
Brussels, 1 March 2023 A consortium composed of leading experts representing the entire value chain of electronic products as well as IT experts,
FutuRaM (Future Availability of Secondary Raw Materials)
FutuRaM (Future Availability of Secondary Raw Materials) is an Horizon Europe funded project
Closed projects (selection)
Step – Solving the e-waste problem Initiative
- StEP – an independent, multi-stakeholder platform for designing strategies that address all dimensions of electronics in an increasingly digitized world.
- ORAMA – Optimising quality of information in Raw Materials data collection across Europe –
Development of National E-waste Management Systems
(Otmar Deubzer, Elisabeth Herbeck, Ruediger Kuehr)
- GIZ Expert Pool
- PiP = Person-in-the-Port Project
Studies for the European Commission:
- “Study on WEEE recovery targets, preparation for re-use targets and on the method for calculation of the recovery targets” (2015) – Read more (pdf)…
- “Study on collection rates of waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE)” (2014) – Read more (pdf)…
- “Study on “2008 Review of Directive 2002/96/EC on waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE)” (2007) – Read more (pdf)…
= Prospecting Secondary Raw Materials in the Urban Mine and Mining Waste –
= Development of tools to counter illegal management and trade of waste – Read more…
= Countering WEEE illegal Trade –